To this end, we decided to further compliment our loyal customers by acquiring a new and faster server solely for updated hosting accounts on web.weblagos.com. We implore other users whom have dormant scripts on their account to update their scripts and notify us via email@example.com should they wish for their account to be moved to web2.weblagos.com which is faster, cleaner and most importantly safer.
Further more, the following steps can help you prevent attacks on your WP or JOOMLA websites:
Always update WordPress core, themes, and plugins right away.
• Back your site up daily; either via your host or one of the many trusted WordPress backup plugins such as VaultPress, BackupBuddy, BackWPup, BlogVault, etc.
• Never use the default “admin” username.
• Create a unique and difficult password that contains upper-case and lower-case letters, numbers and symbols. Avoid any permutations of your name or the name of your site. The more random the better.
• Secure your wp-config.php file.
• Hide your username.
• Hide your version of WordPress.
• Limit login attempts.
• Disable file editing in the dashboard by adding the following to your wp-config.php file: define( ‘DISALLOW_FILE_EDIT’, true);
• Install WordPress File Monitor Plus to receive notifications every time your files are edited.
• Always use SFTP when logging in to your site via an FTP client or your hosting panel.
Thank you for choosing weblagos.com.
Monday, October 26, 2015