We highly suggest you to strengthen your cpanel, ftp passwords to much more complex ones. Also, we recommend you not to save the passwords in the browser since it is considered as a security hole for such attacks.
1. Install software from the latest version of the developer’s site manually.
2. Check this site periodically or use any built in update functions the script may have to ensure you are running the latest version.
3. Stay up to date with news the developers may post or any exploits posted on security sites such as http://www.securityfocus.com/. Some times developers just can’t patch their software fast enough, some developers can’t even fix the exploits in their software between versions.
4. Use a good antivirus software in your PC
5. Install security plugins.
Saturday, March 8, 2014